Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Villa Sur II Week 13

Elder Palacios and me posing in our study room

Hola!

Wow! Where do i begin? Let´s just say that this has been one of the most exhausting and thrilling weeks of my life. Elder Palacios is a machine!!!! He comes from Neuquen, Argentina, has 23 years, and loves to work and be obediente. We are striving to work effectively with the members and have seen many miracles this week! I have never felt the Spirit so strongly in my life! 

Dad, Elder Palacios manda saludos! He loved your vos haha. Yes, he has taught me a bunch of it, but as missionaries we always speak with usted. Needless to say my Spanish has progressed rapidly over the past week. It is so hard to type this letter in English. I am helping Elder Palacios learn English, and yesterday we prayed in English to practice. It was so strange, something I haven´t done in over 4 months! I love the Spanish language, especilly the Argentino accent...which I am trying to adquire:)

Elder Palacios and I had a great week together. We get along very well and are both focused on the work. He is the definition of serving with all your "heart, might mind and strength, with an eye single to the glory of God." It was so powerful on the first night as we sat down and wrote goals and plans for our companionship. I have no doubt that the Lord knew exactly what I needed at this point in my mission--a great companion who will push me to be better. I never realized how important who you surround yourself with.

We had many miracles this week! Every tuesday night we hold a "noche de hogar" in the Capilla for the whole ward. It was so awesome to get 5 investigators to come and get to know the members. Unfortunately, none of them attended church on Sunday...one of the biggest weaknesses that we have had in this sector. We are praying and doing everything in our power to help people attend church, but ultimately it is up to them to make the decision to go. 

Omar and Coni have progressed rapidly! They were fulfilling their callings as new members and no doubt in my mind will be strong and faithful for their lives. We are helping them to understand more of the doctrine and to become more comfortable in the Church! What an example to me of pure faith. 

Unfortunately, due to health problems, Willy(man in the wheelchair with the stroke) had to move to live in another part of Santiago, and as such will not be baptized in our ward. However, he was a great example to me and I learned so much from him. His daughter said he should be visiting sometime soon though!

I am so happy to be a missionary representing my Savior Jesus Christ. He lives! May we all find and feel His love during this precious Christmas season! 

Love,
Elder Harries


No comments:

Post a Comment