Sunday, August 24, 2014

MTC Week 3

Me and Elder Banks

 Foto del Grupo de Hospedaje


A pic of my huge District! They're awesome!!!

Hola Everyone!!!

So I really can't believe that I'm half way done with the MTC!!! Time really does fly when all you do is work!! Sorry that we are writing at a different time this week. I think that this will be the same time next week :) It sounds like it was pretty hectic back home, so I am quite content to be 5,000 miles away in my stuctured schedule! Its too bad I couldnt go to San Diego with everyone, but I think we got some of that weather here! It was 80 on Sunday with sunshine!!!! Craziest winter they've had in a while apparently!! I love it here!

So a few notable experiences from the week....

We only have two new roommates, so we only have four in our room! It is sooo nice! They are pretty cool guys, and at least go to bed on time unlike some others next door haha.

We taught a real lesson on Thursday! We normal just teach our teachers, (who speak very little english mom) so when a man from the Administrative office came to our classroom and told us that there was a nurse waiting to give immunizations, My companion and I along with two hermanas volunteered to go teach her! It was so powerful! I was able to recite the First Vision perfectly in Spanish and she took everything very well. We got her contact information and she said she would like to hear more from the missionaries! We gave her info to the office. This made my week! It reminded me why I was really here!

Everyone in the MTC, including me, has been pretty sick this week. I had a nasty sore throat and cough. One of the hermanas had it much worse than me though. she could hardly get through the day and was constantly crying. I offered to give her a Priesthood blessing, after making sure it was ok with President Doll. We used his office, and made it a whole District Meeting. It was so powerful! She was super appreciative and is doing much better. I felt pure joy!

We got a new teacher this week! He is so amazing. He never really follows the schedule, but has taught us so much! Ive learned more from him in these past few days than all of the other teachers combined. He is very intense and serious, which is exactly what our district needs. Everyone loves him though too! I hope to be able to teach with such power and conviction as him one day! He is such an inspiration.

Shanel and Nathan(brother) both sent me poems, so I thought I would share one I wrote. Its not completely finished though :) I wrote it after watching a video on the life of our Prophet Thomas S. Monson

My Greatest Goal

Is the man whose day I aim to uplift
the one to my left or my right?
Do I find my most prized, most precious joy
In leading another to light?

Do I think of others before myself
And place their needs above my own?
Do give of my love, my time, and wealth
To make another feel at home?

Do I strive to help before being helped--
To love before being loved?
Do I give all those with whom I have dealt
The compassion they need from above?

Do I give all my heart, might, mind, and strength
To touch, to lift, to change a soul?
Do I do this and more to the greatest length?
Do I? It is my greatest goal!

I love you guys and hope you have a great week!!

Love,
Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment