Monday, October 19, 2015

Monumento Week 14

A double rainbow from the bus 

My companion Elder Mertz

Hola!!

Quote of the Week "Estamos aquí para compartir algo que no es de este mundo--el Evangelio" 
"We are here to share something that is not of this world--the Gospel"
-Elder Matthews

So nice to hear from you all again! I love my family and am so blessed to have you all in my life! I cannot wait for general conference this weekend and I know that we are going to have a spiritual feast! I love the talks and I study them all the time. It is incredible how simple their teachings are, yet how profound and deep when studied in greater detail. I know that there is a prophet of God on the Earth today, and we are striving to get as many people as possible to go hear him!

I used the pronoun we, I guess I should tell you about my new companion! He is Elder Mertz, from Springville, Utah. He is one group ahead of me, but this is his first time as a zone leader. Previously he worked it the mission office and is an incredible missionary! We were together in my first zone, and we became pretty good friends. I actually told him that he was going to come be my companion and it came true! He is very humble, obediente and a bit quiet, but when he teaches he holds nothing back. I have learned so much from him and I can´t wait to see what we do together.

We had a miracle this week. Well lots as usual, but one pretty big one. We have been teaching a partially deaf family for about two weeks. The parents are deaf, but their daughters translate. Well they came to church, and lo and behold one of the few members in our ward speaks sign language (we found out in ward council two nights before...ward council is so important)!! She is a special needs teacher! The dad and her had actually met before. Unfortunately the lady had to leave before the sacrament meeting, and we asked ourselves what to do...and then I remember Hermana Barreiros telling a story about deaf people in her ward who sat next to someone who typed what was said. They could read the message. Another miracle..the bishop decided to bring his laptop to church that day! I sat in between them both and typed what was said and they could recieve the message! I must admit, I might have added a few of my own words, but they loved it and want to come back to general conference next week!!!

God lives. He loves us and this is His church. His son Jesus Christ is our Savior. For these two short years I am His representative and I testify that He lives. Have a great week!!!

Love,
Elder Harries 

No comments:

Post a Comment