Monday, October 19, 2015

Monumento Week 16




Hola!!!

Quote of the week: "Great women and men are always more anxious to serve than to have dominion" Spencer W. Kimball

Thanks as always for the very detailed and personal emails! I apologizes (as always) for my vague and impersonal letter. I will try to make this one better:)

We had a great week together filled with many divisions and lessons. I can´t believe that Elder Mertz and I are already 3 weeks (half-way) through the change! We get along very well and enjoy each other´s company. He is a very very good guy. He just does whats right and doesn´t make a lot of waves. I admire him a lot and am grateful to have him as a companion, I learn from him constantly. He and Shanel share the gift of pulling out very profound and hardly noticeable insights from the scriptures, Our companionship studies are always a revelatory experience.

Fortunatley we had a great attendance this past Sunday. I attached a photo of our Gospel Principles class. The Rojas family all went again, and the mom, and two daughter will be baptized this Saturday! It has truly been an unforgettable and divinely directed experience teaching them. The whole ward has gotten involved in helping them integrate into the ward. I am happy for the decision they are taking to unite themselves with the Restored Gospel.

We continue teaching and visiting many people. I am not sure if you remember Rolando and his Mother (the ones who invited us to their house for lunch on the 18th of Sept). They are progressing well and ¨Rolando is still struggling with the Word of Wisdom. Please include them in  your prayers so that we can help him overcome his addictions.

President and Hermana Barreiros decided to change things up for interviews. Many missionaries are having a hard time keeping their pensions clean, and some pensions are just really old and bad; they decided to do interviews in our pensions! It was so strange to have them come and visit us! We had the pension all clean for them with some brownies waiting to meet them:) It was a great experience and I had a wonderful interview with President. He is a great man!!!

We went to the temple this preparation day!!! Such an awesome day!!!! I love the temple!!!!!

I love you all. I know that God lives and is our Father. He loves us and wants us to obey His commandments. It is the only way to be truly happy!!!! Take care!!!!

Con amor,

Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment