Saturday, June 4, 2016

Peñaflor 2 Week 1

Hola!!

Well I was completely caught off guard by the transfers! President changed my assignment to be a traveling assistant for the last month! And my new companion (also my old companion) Elder Brophy!!!! We were together in Talagante for a transfer. I am quite excited to get out of the office:) I still have to help Elder Peterson and the new assistant with administrative and computer things occasionally, but now I can be out much more on exchanges. We will be working very little in our sector, but in the small amount of time we have worked there, we have found some incredible people. I do however, miss the friendships I made in Esquina Blanca

On Thursday we went to our sector(we are in a whitewash) and were knocking doors. We were knocking one street and then I had the impression that we should knock another small street on the other side of the road. I told Elder Brophy and we decided we would go there after we finished the street we were on. We went there and the first door we knocked, a less active mom with three children (two 10 year old twin boys who aren´t baptized) answered. It just so happened that as we were talking to her in the door, her husband got home 3 hours early from work because it was raining. We went in and committed them to come to church and the two boys want to be baptized.  

Then we went to an old investigator of the former missionaries, and the first thing she said when we asked about her beliefs was, "I believe that God is my Heavenly Father and I want to be baptized in your church!!!" Now we just need to help her get to church!

I love this work. I know that God lives and answers prayers! I know that Jesus is the Christ and that through sincere obedience to the commandments we show our love to Him.

Con amor,

Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment