Sunday, June 26, 2016

Peñaflor 2 Week 3





Happy Father´s day Dad!!! I am so grateful for all that you have done for me!!

This week has been very busy and again I am constrained to write small. I promise that I love you all! I did a great exchange this week with some missionaries. They are great Elders and we had an excellent day. We found so many receptive people! I slept on the hard floor with a blanket (for about the tenth time this month) and I think I got sick from it. We had Zone conferences the following day and my nose ran for at least 9 hours straight. I was pretty miserable but managed to give a class with a smile and laugh about it. I am better now:)

We are teaching a family Lopez Contreras. They didn´t come to church for some excuses, but committed to come again tomorrow! I hope that everything works out! We also are teaching a family with a 9-year old son. The parents are both members, and want him to be baptized. They came to church for the first time in almost 6 months, and as a family. Apparently it was a miracle according to the Elders Quorum President---speaking about him he is a stud!!

He is a returned missionary from Brasil of about two years. He is working, studying, but is so interested in the work that it is incredible. When we got there in whitewash, he called us asking if he could come out and do visits with us to a bunch of part member families. He had a map of all the old investigators and members in the ward. I was so impressed and made me want to be the same when I get back. I want to be consecrated to the Lord´s work in all that I do. 

I love the Lord. I know He lives. I know that through His Atonement all challenges in life may be overcome!!!

Take care and Happy Father´s day,

Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment