Monday, October 13, 2014

Villa Sur II Week 5




Hola!

What a week! I feel like things are really starting to get in a rhythm. I am really beginning to love the mission and it is becoming second nature to speak in Spanish! I love these people...even those that hate missionaries;) I really wish some people would just give us a chance sometimes though! We just want to help, but fortunately, everyone has agency, the ability to choose. I can´t imagine how the Lord feels when people reject Him.

I have loved hearing from Mom and Dad about teaching seminary on Doctrine and Covenants. I love those scriptures!! I studdied D&C 112 this week! What a powerful message to all of us! I love these verses:

 10 Be thou humbleand the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers.

19 Wherefore, whithersoever they shall send you, go ye, and willbe with you; and in whatsoever place ye shall proclaim my namean effectual door shall be opened unto you, that they may receive my word.

I have had such enriching personal studies this week! The pattern of morning studies is defintely something I could not go without!

Something pretty hilarious happened at Zone Conference! We were having an incredible conference! Presidente and Hermana Barreiros are so inspiring! So we had divided for smaller classes with the Assistents, and they were talking about Ward Councils. They had a powerpoint, and BOOM! Up popped a picture with mom and Ryan Smith in it! I about died!!!! It was so fun to see her beautiful face! I went up to the assitents and asked where they got the picture and they said it was from Google haha! Your famous mom! I am pretty sure it was the one from the Ensign!

I have been studying a lot about faith and prayer lately. I realized that faith is something that is always difficult. Before the mission I thought it would be a lot easier to have faith because I was a missionary. To the contrary! The more we use this muscle, the more the Lord trusts us to grow it! I have found that as we pray and act, we find more ways to use the faith we already have, thus growing it. We then recieve a witness of the faith (Ether 12:6). It is a sort of upward spiral!

I have also realized the importance of viewing people with Christlike love, Charity. As we look at others as they can become, not as who they are, we along with them begin to change and grow together! I love my companion Elder Kennedy! He is such an incredible example of hard work and courage! I learn from him every day! It will be a sad day when we separate.

I know that this work is true. Jesus Christ is leading this Church. The Book of Mormon is true. As we strive diligently to become more like Christ, we change. We then are in a position to help others change as well. This mission has taught me so much about my Savior. I am happier than I have ever been! I love you all!

Con Amor,
Elder Harries




No comments:

Post a Comment