Friday, November 28, 2014

Villa Sur II Week 11

The Familia Soza and their cactus...They live right next to us...we call them mami and papi:)






Hola!!!

This was an incredible week!! I don´t even know where to start!!! Elder Kennedy and I were pretty sick to start off the week. I think I had a minor flu, and he had a really bad cold. Fortunately we were able to keep on working and it didn´t hold us back. We are striving to be completely obedient and work hard every day. We have had some miracles! 

There is a man named Willy who has been attending church with us for the past few weeks. He is the father of a less active sister and is confined to a wheelchair because of a stroke he had a few years ago. He is completely there mentally, but is paralyzed and cannot speak. He has decided that he wants to be baptized and we are thinking about doing it this weekend!! I am not sure if the family will be able to do it on such short notice, but if not, definitely the week to come!! He is such a humble and happy man! He can only say "si!" and "no", but I feel like he has taught me so much about life!!!

Yesterday was by far the best birhtday of my life! Omar and Coni invited us over for a lesson and to wish me happy birthday. It turns out they also invited Myriam and her children (some recent converts) They came over and brought me a cake!! They sang Happy Birthday and then as with Chilean custom, smashed my face into it!!

However better than the cake was the lesson! We watched a conference talk by Elder Holland about the costs of discipleship, as they have had some difficulties, especially financially. It was so powerful as Myriam, Lizardo(mission leader), Omar and Coni all basically bore powerful testimonies about how they have been changed by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I almost began to cry. Coni was talking about the first time we met, and how we found them through their mom who wasn´t really interested. She actually told Coni to tell us her mom was gone, but then she let us in anyway. I know that they were prepared by the Lord and will be an eternal family! I love them so much!!!

Jesus Christ lives, this is His Church! I love you all!!

Elder Harries


No comments:

Post a Comment