Thursday, November 6, 2014

Villa Sur II Week 8



Hola!

This week has been a great one! I don´t even know where to start....it felt like everthing just got away from me haha. I´ll start with the best news first!

Omar and Coni got baptized this Saturday and confirmed on Sunday! I am so happy for them! It was incredible to see the change in their life! They were beaming! However it almost didn´t happen! We told them to meet us at the Capilla early for their baptism that started at 6. It was 5:55 and they still hadn´t arrived, so I called Coni. She said that she was "ocupada" and would call me back in a few minutes. Elder Kennedy and I decided to run to their house.

It turned out that Omar and Coni had an argument about some small thing (which is really strange because I have never seen nor heard of them even speak rudely to each other), and Omar said that he didn´t want to go to the baptism. He still wanted to get baptized but another time. When we arrived we were able to sort things out, and he really did want to get baptized, he was just frustrated. It is crazy how hard Satan works to stop people (esecially the strong ones) from doing things that will bless their lives forever. I baptized Omar, and Elder Kennedy baptized Coni. We swapped for the confirmations. After the service, which was beautiful, they were both beaming and holding hands again:) I felt the Spirit so strongly. During fast and testimony meeting yesterday there were around four testimonies on the temple! I cannot wait for them to be sealed! They are so great!

On a less fun note, I had diarreah for the entire week...yes 7 days straight. It just went away yesterday. I must have got a bug or something because Elder Brooks, one of the Elders in our ward but a different sector, had pretty much the same thing. I didn´t stay in the pension though. I was very fortunate to always find somewhere to "go" when i needed to. This is nothing short of a miracle because public toilets do not exist in this part of chile hahaha.

We had a lesson with this inactive old man that we found on Friday. He was of the very nature/health/spirtual type. He is from Argentina and hasnt attended in 20 years. It was really sad to see how twisted some of his beliefs had become. However, it was really cool, because he immediately noticed my scoliosis, and did some weird chiropractic(sp) stuff on me that actually helped. He also read Elder Kennedy´s and my personalities within like 3 minutes of talking. It was really cool, but I dont see him progressing so I dont think we´ll pass by for a while.

We found an inactive lady named Soledad and her family this week. It turns out that they own the biggest gas company around. Elder Kennedy and I keep joking that we are going to baptized the rest of the family and get free gas for ever! Hahaha but all jokes aside they are incredible and we hoped to have them all come to church, but there was a death in the family. They should attend this week! Soledad is really friendly and excited about coming back! She has some friends from the ward from when she was younger, so we are going to try and do a noche de hogar with them together! Cant wait to see how it turns out!

Today was crazy! We were supposed to cut our hair for Elder Nelson, and as Elder Kennedy was cutting mine, my razor broke. The voltage is too strong even with a transformer it just blew out..oops haha. so I walked around with a half shaved head until I got the rest cut off in a shop. Hahah it was pretty funny, but stinks about the razor. I am doing great and love it here in Chile. I think its a bit different from the resort Mom and Dad are staying in, but the people are the same:) I love my Savior and know He lives. Fasting and prayers of faith bring miracles. Love you all!!!

Your Missionary,
Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment