Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Monumento Week 18

Hola!!!

Well, what a surprise to me..I have transfers! I don´t know where I´ll be going, I´ll find out tomorrow. I wasn´t expecting to have changes so it is a bit sad to leave a bunch of these people who I have come to love. I will miss Elder Mertz, we were pretty close and he is a great missionary, a pleasure to work with. I wonder where I will be going.

We had a good week. A lady died in our ward suddenly, la hermana Maria Saavedra. Brother Bertagna knew her well, you might want to let him know. It was sad because she would always sing in the baptisms--she was in her 70´s but wasn´t too sick. 

We had the largest attendance in years in Monumento: 121. When I first got here the attendance was 70ish. The ward is very animated and is progressing very quickly so it will be sad to not see the progress. Rolando and Luisa are still working on their addictions, we have found some other investigators who are progressing as well.

The Familia Rojas (deaf family) is incredible. They come to church early and don´t even understand everything, but they are so humble and one of my favorite families that I have ever taught. They are so united--I think it is because the depend so much upon one another. The parents on the children to be able to comunicate, and the children on the parents to be able to live. I love them so much and cant wait to see them in the temple!

It sounds like Dad has his work cut out for him as a new bishop. I know that he will do great! I think of what the bishops do here and multiply that by 3 or 4 times the members attending...it must be daunting! I am grateful for your sacrifice and dedication. You´ll do great!

I am very happy here in the mission! I can´t believe how time flies. I love you all and pray for you daily!!! Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment