Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Talagante Week 3


Hola!!!

Quote of the week: "El Señor no hace arreglos; nos hace nuevo"
The Lord doesn´t make changes, He makes us new." Presidente Barreiros

Well thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes!! I love you all and hope that we can catch up more when I get back! 

I had a great week!!! I am so grateful for all the Lord has done for us here! I can´t believe it...we´re going to baptize a 81 year-old! She is so great and humble. Yesterday was very scary, but also a miracle. We felt impressed to take a member with us to go visit her. She was waiting for us, and also her daughters were with her. We have never shared with them. We talked about the baptism and they started freaking out saying that she was already baptized Catholic and was took old and sick etc. We testfied of the importance of authority and then our member shared a scripture in Acts 19 when Paul baptized those who had already been baptized by John the baptist. The Spirit was so intense, and I said to them, "I think it really comes down to what Filomena wants. Filomena, do you want to be baptized?" and she said "I want to be baptized" and then the daughters had such a change of heart! I love the way the Lord works. I am so imporessed by Filomena and will send you all pictures:)

We had a Zone activity today and played soccer. Elder Brophy surprised me with a cake and yes, I had my face smashed into it again! It was a fun time today.

I want to let each and everyone of you know how much I appreciate and am thankful for you. Everyone of you has had a special and profound impact on who I am today and I thank you for that. I will definitely be one grateful boy this thursday!!! Have a great week and eat some pumpkin pie  and turkey for me:)

Love your lita tuh-key,
Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment