Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Talagante Week 2










Hola!!

¿Cómo están todos? This was another great week. I love the campo. It  is so beautiful and for once I have some fresh air. It has been extremely hot these past few days and I I´m pretty burnt...but I have been applying sunscreen. Elder Brophy and I get along really well and it has been a great time together so far.

It is great to hear that you all are doing well and that are still busy. I doubt you will ever not be:) It is good to be active though. On a general level, the people who are active in the church are usually successful and active people, the opposite is the true with those who are less-active.

We are working hard here in our sector. We didn´t do whitewash, Elder Brophy had one change here before I arrived. The sector is starting to wake up a bit, and we have an investigator that is planning to get baptized on the 28th. She is is 81 years old!!!! Haha she loves church and is a witty old lady that is very kind. Her name is Filomena, and she has 12 children. Please say an extra prayer for her.

I have done a few divisions this week. One was with an Elder that has a few social problems. It was a very difficult time, but I learned to love and tried my best to help him. He is one of 13 children. We were originally going to finish the division after one day, but I decided to stay a bit longer with him, and in the end he thanked me saying that it meant a lot that I wanted to stay with him. I think he has been sort of bullied in the mission which breaks my heart. I learned so much from him, and am glad to have spent some extra time together.

I love you all and hope that this week is even better than the last for all of you! Have a great day!!!

Con amor,

Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment