Saturday, March 12, 2016

Esquina Blanca Week 4

Hola!!

I am doing well! Thanks for the emails! It was great to hear from you and get a sense of what is going on at home. I am very busy here in the mission and I love it! There is so much to do and I feel constantly that I am learning and being stretched. I am grateful for my great companion, Elder Ballard, who constantly supports me and helps me out.

This week started the Zone Conferences. President decided to do something different this time, and is bringing each zone to his home to have the conference. We had three conferences this week, and have six more to go. They are a lot of work, but I feel like I learn so much from the missionaries, and it has been nice to get to meet and familiarize myself with all the missionaries in our mission. We prepared some classes that we present to small groups in the zones. I really enjoy teaching and it amazes me how great some missionaries are! They have taught me much more than I know about the topics of my classes.

Elder Ballard and I get along really well. He is a great missionary and very focused and consistent. He played football growing up, and is a pretty smart guy as well. He will be attending the University of Utah and studying medicine. He is very humble and like to take advice. He depends a lot upon the Lord and tries to be his best in everything he does. I look up to him a lot and am so happy to be his companion. 

I am working hard to finish strong and keep my mind focused on the missionary purpose to invite all to come to Christ. I am excited for tomorrow, as we will have a baptism for a man named Osvaldo. He is a strong convert and has a testimony of the restoration. He wants to serve in the Church, along with his less active friend, Hugo, that has come back really strong. They both had interviews with the bishop and are excited to help in home teaching. 

This week we will have a broadcast from Elder Bednar who is currently in Uruguay. I cannot wait! I love you all and I love the Lord. I know He lives. Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment