Saturday, March 12, 2016

Esquina Blanca Week 6

"The only thing that is truly ours, and that we can truly give to the Lord, is our will"
-Neil A. Maxwell

"Fall in love with the process and the results will come."
-Pte. Barreiros

Hola! 

I had another great week! I enjoy every part of the mission and I am so grateful to be here in Chile. I was getting my hair cut this morning, and while talking with the person who was cutting my hair, I realized what a blessing it is to be here serving a mission. I love these people and how despite of our differences, we are all children of the same loving Heavenly Father. He knows us perfectly and is willing to help those who are willing to be humble and come to Him.

The Zone Conferences just ended, and it was a great experience to get to know all the missionaries and learn from and teach them. We have excellent missionaries here and I am so impressed by how so many of them make great sacrifices to come on the mission. I feel so blessed in my life, and at times wonder why the Lord has given me such an easy life. So many people here are "burdened" by their circumstances, many of which did not make the choices which put them in their circumstances. I can only be grateful for you, Mom and Dad, and the wonderful decisions that you have made in life. Your decisions have blessed me immeasurably! 

This week I have had an increased desire to be better and do better. I do not want to be complacent in who I am or the progress I have made. I want to give all of who I am to serve others. I think that is why I am so happy here in the mission. Despite the challenges that I have faced, I am happy. I was pondering about this today in my personal study, and came to the conclusion that I am happy because all day I am thinking about and trying to help other people come to Christ. I don´t have time for myself. I remember something Mom said before I left about turning outward, and not inward in times of difficulty. It makes a huge difference.

This weekend will be a very busy and fun one! On Sunday evening, we will be accompanying President and Hermana to the MTC to speak to the missionaries as a fireside. Then Monday will be transfers, and Tuesday we will pick up half of the missionaries from the MTC in Chile and the other half from the airport(the attended the Mexico MTC). 

I love you all and hope all is well!!!

Love,

Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment