Monday, August 3, 2015

Monumento Week 5

Hola!

How great it is to hear from you!!! I love hearing about your stories and what is going on at home! I would lie if I said I miss normal life, because the mission is so rewarding!

Elder Rackham and I have grown even closer this week! I learn so much from him and he makes me want to be a better person. It is cool because he says he feels the same about me, so we are constantly progessing, instead of one dragging the other (or feeling like they are). He is very humble. 

We read a few talks during the week that explain how to exercise faith and another about consecration. Basically, we knew nothing about the two subjects. What we have learned and applied has changed us completely, and I hope we will continue being consistent.

To summarize things, faith has much to do with our mental work, not just our physical work. We esercise faith by setting a righteous goal and doing everything to acheive it. But for much of the time I was leaving our the mental work...that is constantly thinking about and visualizing and praying for our goals. We must do it constantly, not just frequently. We put alarms our watches and phone to remind us every hour to review our goals and visualize them coming to pass. 

Well lets just say it works. We had 6 investigators attending(an increase of 300%), 5 menos activos with assignment attending (an increase of 500%) and 91 people attending sacrament meeting(an increase of 150%). I know that God wants His children to recieve the blessings of the Gospel, but He requires our faith. As it says in Ether 12:12 "For if there be no faith among the children of men Godcan do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed nothimself until after their faith."
and Alma 32:40 "And thus, if ye will not nourish the word, looking forward with an eye of faith to the fruit thereof, ye can never pluck of the fruit of the tree of life."

I know that we deserve no credit for what happens. I feel bad for how much I stood in the way of Him doing miracles in the past, but I am so grateful that He allowed me to learn this powerful lesson now. I know He lives. He is our Father! I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,

Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment