Monday, August 3, 2015

Monumento Week 6

Hola!!!

Thank you all for the emails and love. I feel your preocupation and sincerity! I truly am grateful for the examples you all are in my life. I think and pray for you often. 

It was strange to complete a year in the mission. It doesn´t feel like I have been here that long. I think it is because we are so busy and focussed. The days and week all merge together like a stream of events, separated only by changes in companions or areas. I love the mission, I love the Chilean people, I love the Lord.

This week went quite well. We have an incredible investigator, named Ximena. She had previously taken lessons from the missionaries, but couldn´t get baptized because she was living with her boyfriend, but wasn´t married. Two years later, just as she decides to break up and start over so that she can have her kids back in her life, we show up on the door. She came to church this week in a skirt she made from pants that she cut up(she didn´t have money to buy one). It was so cool before Sunday, when she showed us. She had just read 1 Nefi 16, where Nefi breaks his bow and makes a new one out of a stick. We compared her to him and she loved it. She is going to get baptized on the 15th.

We had a special training meeting with President and Hermana Barreiros. They never cease to amaze and inspire me. I want to be a better and more diligent and dedicated person. I know that they were meant to be my mission president. 

I love you all and miss you! Thanks for keeping me updated...sorry these are all so short. But I really do love you!!!! Good luck in school and work Shanel, Nathan and Sydney!!!

Love,
Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment