Monday, January 5, 2015

Villa Sur II Week 17

Dinner with the Bishop´s family.

Yessena, Who Dane knew. Sorry the picture is bad...


Street lined with Christmas lights..a tradition here





Hola!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! This week was incredible and filled with miracles! Elder Palacios and I are working hard and striving to be obedient with exactness in everything. We get along well and I have learned so much from him. This week in my studies I came across Alma 26:22-
Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good worksand prayeth continually without ceasing—unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance.

This verse emphasized to me the importance of our role as missionaries (and followers of Christ) to be clean, pure and to use the Atonement of Christ to repent, excercise faith, do good works and pray consistently. These four things are the key to a humble and obedient heart. We then are ready and worthy to receive the revelation God is waiting to give us, which we can share with others and help them repent and do the same. The success of a missionary truly is derived from his personal integrity and commitment to live the things he teaches daily.

We had a last minute meeting as a mission on the 30th. President and Hermana Barreiros basically "tiraron palos" because of missionaries being disobedient and lazy. They emphasized the role of obedience and diligence in all things, and it was an incredible revelatory experience. I recently read President Uchtdorf´s talk "Lord, is it I?" and have determined there are many things that I need to change and improve. I love President and his wife and am constantly amazed at their commitment to serve the Lord!

We had to return early to the pension on the 31st because of how crazy it gets for new years here. I slept through all the fireworks...Elder Palacios was woken by them and said I was snoring quite contently...at least I was awake for the New Years at home:) I set some big goals for 2015 and I am excited to accomplish them!!!

I had two divisions back to back Friday and Saturday. One with an Elder from our district, and one with a Zone Leader. I learned a lot from both of the Elders and enjoyed seeing their perspectives. I love the mission and the opportunity we have to learn about life and see people change. We have found some wonderful people and are excited to see their progression!! I love you all and am happy that you are all safe!!!!

Love,
Elder Harries


No comments:

Post a Comment