Saturday, January 31, 2015

Villa Sur II Week 20


Hola!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHANEL!!!!!

Well we´re already into week 3 of the Transfer! I can´t believe how fast time is flying. I love the mission, and have never been so happy in my life. I truly know that the Lord lives and loves us. He is very aware of who we are and our potential to become like Him. He is very involved in every situation of our daily life.

This week with Elder Rivera was a full one. We had a lot of work and a few conferences with President and Sister Barreiros. They are so powerful! Basically they started calling our mission to repentance because there has been a lot of disobedience and lazyness and pride. He taught about consecrating ourselves to the work and giving our all every minute of every day..especially when it is difficult.

This week has been particularly difficult for me. I am striving to do all I can to be the message that I share, to improve my abilities and skill and to help others make and keep commitments. I know that I must rely on the Lord, and trust in His timing. It is just so difficult when people don´t use their agency correctly. All I want is for the people I am teaching is to be happy, and the Gospel is the only way. I just wish they could see it! I know that the Spirit is the teacher and I am trying to help others learn from Him. I can´t imagine how our Heavenly Father feels about us.

Being a trainer is difficult but fun! I have a lot of responsibility for our companionship, and as such it adds a load to my shoulders. I am trying to give everything I have and put it all in the Lord´s hands, but it makes me wonder about my competence at times. I am trying not to doubt myself, but also be humble enough to follow the Lord´s will and trust in my companion. He knows best and will make the best of me if I let Him. I read the talk "Approaching the Throne of God with Confidence" and it helped a lot!! Here is the link: https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/10/approaching-the-throne-of-god-with-confidence?lang=eng

I hope that I do not sound depressed or beaten, because by no means am I. I am very happy and excited to continue in the work of the Lord! I feel the Lord´s love and know that He is in control. We must exercise faith and act to recieve the revelation and results we need. 

I know that God lives! This is His Church. The Book of Mormon is true. Joseph Smith was the Lord´s chosen prophet. I am eternally grateful for the opportunity I have to serve the Lord´s children here in Chile! 

Love,
Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment