Saturday, March 21, 2015

Villa Sur II Week 21




Hola!

Well another week down and gone! It is crazy how fast the time flies and how tailored the mission is to our abilities. This past week was probably one of the hardest of the mission. I know that the Lord knows what we can handle and that Elder Rivera will have success. There are people prepared to recieve the Gospel and I am confident that we will see many miracles this week. Thankyou for all the emails and support. I love you all.

I don´t really remember much this past week besides a great division with Elder Ballard, the grandson of Elder Ballard the Apostle. We have been in the same zone my whole mission. He arrived one change ahead of me, is traning as well and is my district leader. It was a super great division as we were able to share many of the same feelings and experiences. He opened up about how he feels pressure to be perfect being the grandson of an Apostle, when in reality nothing is different. He is a good missionary and I am sure we will continue as friends after the mission.

Eustaquio, the man who hasn´t attended church in 30 years attended with us this week again. He has desired to progress, but needs to marry his partner and I feel that she is interested as well. We are going to work to help her come to Church as well. We also helped a man named Mario Quesada attend church for the first time in years. It makes me so happy to see people re-enter the fold. I just wish at times members would be a bit more warm and loving.--it makes me realize how important members are to help people remain firm in the Gospel.

Coni and Omar are continuing faithful and attended church this Sunday. Coni´s belly is huge, and she can hardly walk haha. It is the biggest pregnancy I have ever seen. She will deliver early, and hopefully without complications. She expects this week or the next. 

The attendance to church has been quite low due to many people traveling on vacations, but we are expecting some turn around in the next few weeks. I love the Lord. I am striving to be a consecrated missionary and do the right things for the right reasons. I know that the Lord has a plan, and we must exercise faith and put everything in His hands. He will provide. I know that He lives and loves us. I would not trade His personal schooling for anything. Thank you for the prayers! We´re going to have a great week!

Love,

Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment