Saturday, March 21, 2015

Villa Sur II Week 26

Hola!!

Thanks to all for their emails of encouragement and support! I really can feel the love and concern you all have for me! This week was really great! Mostly because I made the concious decision to not worry and just be happy! And it worked:)

I got the letter you sent me mom! Thanks so much for your words! I loved the talk by Elder Holland when he cited President Hinckley´s father, "Forget yourself and get to work." I am not sure if that was intentionally for me, but I really appreciated it, I realized that I should really just forget myself and serve. This week I didn´t worry about the things I couldn´t control and it was incredible the difference it made!

Our bishop is sick right now and can´t leave the house because of some infection in his leg. The whole leg is really swollen. Supposedly it is getting better, but please say a prayer for him. We really need him in our ward.

I did two divisions this week, one with the Zone Leaders and one with a missionary from our district. They both were really great and I learned a lot. Remind me to tell you the story of the bus ride to Republica when I get back from the mission...I dont think you would like to hear it right now...haha dont worry Mom, I am safe:) The division with Elder Dutra was pretty successful. He is a missionary in our district with 18 months, and I dont think he liked the fact that I was his district leader being so young, so I did a division with him and we were able to become pretty good friends...although my companion despises him now because he said he ate all his food and made the bed smell bad haha.

Omar and Cony´s baby got sick this week and they had to take him to the hospital. His skin started to turn yellow. All was resolved, but they didnt attend church this week, which made me really sad for them. We are going to visit them a lot this week to help strenghten their testimony of the Sacrament and the Sabbath Day.

I am really happy in the mission. I know that everything has its time and place and that the Lord is in control. We have to respect the decisions of others and patiently seek the Lord´s will. I love you all and pray for you daily!!!!

Love,

Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment