Monday, June 29, 2015

Monumento Week 1

    
                         Anibal 
    

Hola!!

Well I don´t really know where to begin...Today I left home exactly 11 months ago....and maybe by the subject you realized that I am in a new sector! I don´t know if I told you last week but this week was transfers. Everyone thought that Elder McDermott would leave, already having 4 transfers (6 months) in Las Naciones, but we were both shocked. I really enjoyed my time there with Elder McDermott! I learned much from him yet it will be fun to get a change of pace with Elder Rackham, from Wisconsin. 

We are Zone Leaders here in Maipu, I am about 5-10 minutes from my old sector by car. I am excited, and it appears that we have a good ward and sector with a lot of potential. Elder Rackham has 21 months in the mission and feels that he will finish his mission here. He is a great guy and very obedient. There are 8 children in his family, and he is a pretty confident, but humble missionary. I am excited to work and learn from him. I feel optomistic for the future.

Yesterday was possibly the best day of my mission! Anibal recieved the Aaronic Priesthood in church! He has accompanied us almost everyday the past week and set up a schedule for the other young men to get more involved. He is extremely excited to serve a mission! I am praying for him that he can continue with his enthusiasm and endure to the end!

To add to the excitement from Church and Anibal, we attended a musical presentation by the mission choir. We went with Anibal, his little brother and a friend of Anibal. It was incredible! The theme was The Living Christ. Let me just say that I felt the Spirit more powerfully than almost any other time in my life. There is so much talent in this mission. To add even more to the excitement, Omar and Cony were there with Lizardo my old mission leader!!!!!! I about fainted when I saw them! They are strong in the church and are attending every week and their little baby is healthy! I felt the strongest love and joy than ever before in my life. Cony wrote me a letter and expressed how she felt that if my mission were to end today, I had already accomplished my purpose because of the testimony that she has. I wept like a baby.

I know that this is the Lord´s work. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I am so excited to serve Him!

Love,
Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment