Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Las Naciones Week 4

Hola!!!

Thanks for all the emails!!! I want to start off by saying I cannot believe how old Sydney looks!! Wow...I still remember the freshman sydney haha. I love you all and it seems like all are busy and excited as the school year is coming to a close!! I cannot believe how fast time passes!! I dont like it haha. I apologize in advance as this email will be short...sorry mom:(((

This week was a really great week! We had one of the travelling asistants come with us for a few days. He i finishing his mission and this was one of his sectors and I am pretty sure he wanted to come say goodbye to everyone haha. It was really awesome because he knew everyone and I learned so much from him. He had such a calm demeanor, but was goofy and fun at the same time. He knew the Book of Mormon very well and when he shared a passage it was always perfectly fit for the need of the person. It made me want to improve my teaching skills. 

I have been focussing a lot lately on the importance of the Spirit in conversion and teaching. PMG Chapter 4. I love what it says in DYC 50:13-22. To have the spirit and revelation we must be worthy AND ask. I have been trying to focus on those two, but at the same time use my own agency to "do much good" I have also realized the importance of charityt/love and not judging those who we teach. We must view them with the potential they have and not as the now are. I know that this type of love comes through prayer and fasting and it is something I am trying to develop. 

I had an interview with President on thursday! It was really great! He is such a good and powerful man, very goal oriented and focused. He knows what he wants and he knows how to get it....hard smart work. He has such a big heart and makes me want to be more like the Savior. 

I have such a testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know it is the word of God and that these are the last days. I know that if we study the scriptures diligently we will get the Spirit and will see miracles. I love you all!!

"Diligence doesn`t start until you are tired"-rm from our ward

Love,
Elder Harries 

No comments:

Post a Comment