Sunday, January 31, 2016

Esquina Blanca Week 1

       




Hola!

Well its been a very hectic and busy week here in the office. I am definitely not accustomed to sitting around as much. My companion is Elder Ballard, the grandson of the Elder Ballard. He is a great missionary, and my friend from earlier in the mission when we were together in the same zone. He goes home one transfer earlier than I do, so we will be together for three changes. I am excited to learn from him.

Last weekend, while still in Talagante, we baptized Mauricio. He is a great convert of about 21. He loves the church and made many friends. He had to give up a lot of habits and friends to be baptized, but he expressed his love and happiness for having made the decision. I am so happy for him and was very sad to leave. My heart was torn when President called me on Sunday night, because I didn't want to leave all the great people who were progressing toward baptism. But, the Lord's will be done:)

To fill you in a little bit on what I did this week. Monday I got to the mission office and we organized the changes. Then in the evening we took all the missionaries to the airport with President and Hermana Barreiros. We didn't go to bed till late. Then early on Tuesday morning we drove to the MTC and picked up the new missionaries that will be arriving in the mission and took them to President's house for lunch. We then brought them to the mission office and assigned them to their new trainers. Wednesday we did divisions with the Zone Leaders in a nearby zone and Thursday we reviewed the Mission Numbers and prepared for a reunion of the mission which took place yesterday. I haven't gotten as much sleep as normal. but I am doing well and happy. It is really cool to have a much closer and more personal relationship with Presidente and Hermana Barreiros. They are incredible people, and have so much love for the missionaries. I hope to learn much from them.

I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that He is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that there is no other way to gain salvation but in and through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love being a missionary and I love the Lord. I love the Chilean people and I am happier than I have ever been in my life. Have a great week!!!

Love,
Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment