Sunday, January 10, 2016

Talagante Week 5

Quote of the Week: "No miren para los desafíos, miren para el potencial."
"Don´t look at the challenges, look at the potential." Presidente Barreiros

Hola!
Thanks for the emails! It sure sounds like school is ending and Christmas is starting! How fun to be together and celebreate the Savior´s birth. If you haven´t already, check out the videos on christmas.mormon.org! They´re great.

This week was a good one! Unfortunately, Alex the 19 year-old had to change houses, and we haven´t been able to get into contact with him. Cony, however is progressing slowly. She went to church again and is reading in the Book of Mormon, but she doesn´t feel ready to make the decision to be baptized. She is the daughter of a less active member that has been returning to church. Cony has three young children and is very nice and wants to get baptized, but has some hesitations...please pray for her.

We´ve had some other investigators attend church too. Some have to get married, and dealing with the papers takes a long time here. I am very excited for this upcoming week! I am happy and healthy and I pray for all of you daily. I will fill you in with details about skype in the upcoming weeks.  

Mom, the Stake Presidency asked for my testimony..its quite simple:)

I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that His Gospel is the path to peace in this life and happiness in the life to come. I know that because of Jesus Christ and His atonement, there is nothing besides our lack of faith and obedience that can keep us from being freed from our sins and weaknesses. I testify that the power of the Priesthood is real. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and recieved the keys of that Priesthood. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God and holds those keys. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true and living church on the face of the Earth. I know that the only way to come unto Christ is through covenants and ordinances performed under the Priesthood authority that solely exists in this Church. I know these truths and many others, because the Holy Ghost has welded them into every fiber of my soul. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Have a great week!!
Love,

Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment