Sunday, January 10, 2016

Talagante Week 8

Hola!

It was so great to hear from you all on Christmas! It always amazes me how quickly the time passes..it definitely is the fastest hour of the mission:) Seeing your faces and hearing your voices gave me even more enthusiasm to continue working hard and stay focussed. I appreciate the advice and support and love you have given me.

We had a great week full of miracles as always. On wednesday we had a scheduled baptismal interview in the chapel with a 20 year-old lady who was preparing to get baptized. We cannot be alone with her in the chapel so we coordinated with a brother from the ward to accompany us. He didn´t show up and we finally got a hold of him 40 minutes after the scheduled interview and he said he could make it. We said a silent prayer and just then I look up and see an hermano from another ward that was in town with his family. I asked him if he could accompany us and he did! I know that the Lord answers prayers!!

We continue to prepare the Pia for her baptism this Saturday. She is excited and will have her interview tonight. She asked me to baptize her. I hope this will help her father become more interested in the Gospel as he isnt a member and as of yet has not shown much interest in being baptized. I hope that the Spirit will touch him at the baptism of Pia.

To answer mom´s questions with respect to the New year, we will enter the pension early at 8:00 and won´t leave until 1:00 on New Year´s day. I definitely will be in bed before 10:00. Call me lame, but I never was a late night person haha. 

I finished the Book of Mormon on Christmas Day. I know that it is true. It is incredible how aplicable it is to each time and situation in our life. It is the word of God and anyone who reads it with sincere intent will come to know that it is true. It is incredible to see. If an ivestigator reads, he progresses goes to church and gets baptized. Its so simple. Its the same with us as members. If we study the scriptures we progress spiritually and build our faith and we repent, making us more worthy to recieve the blessing of the covenants we have made.

I love studying the scriptures. In the past I viewed them as very complex and difficult to understand, but after spending so much time in them, I am amazed at how simply they teach the doctrine of Christ: Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Recieving the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the end. I love this scripture from D&C19:31: "And of tenets thou shalt not talk, but thou shalt declarerepentance and faith on the Savior, and remission of sinsby baptism, and by fire, yea, even the Holy Ghost." This is the simple yet clear way to a remision of sin and exaltation in the Kindom of God. I know that He lives. This work is real. Faith is tangible. 

Have a great week and a Happy New Year!

Love,

Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment