Sunday, January 10, 2016

Talagante Week 7

"Raising our hand is a sign to the Holy Ghost that we want to learn." Elder Richard G. Scott

Well I have a new companion! Elder Peterson! He is a machine! He has about 11 months in the mission and was called as a Zone Leader 3 months ago--by far the youngest zone leader in the mission. He has so much faith. I wouldn´t say that he is the most talented or smooth missionary, but he is relentless and has such a pure testimony. I have learned so much and have been humbled by his simple and faithful example. I hope to learn much from him this transfer. He is from Mesa, Arizona.

We are working hard to help Diego, who was planning on getting baptized this upcoming weekend. He got a new job that has him working Sundays and basically 24/7 so it has been frustrating. Hugo has been progressing well as well as Pia, the little girl of a family that is returning to church. I am having a great time here in Talagante and feel that I am starting to feel at home. I am happy to pass Christmas here in the mission, what could be better???

We had the annual Christmas meeting with the mission yesterday It was fun to get together with some old friends in the mission and we heard from President and Hermana Doll from the Chile MTC. We had a lunch and a small gift exchange. I really enjoy the way that Pte. and Hermana Barreiros do things..not sure if I´ve mentioned that before haha. They showed us a picture of the new mission president and family who will arrive in July after we go home. He is from Canada and is really young. His oldest child is 14 and youngest is 7 years old. He was a lawyer and seems to be a great guy. 

I can´t wait to see you all on Christmas and answer your questions..I feel like there´s always a mental block when I write. I love you all and wish you a very Merry Christmas!!! I know that Jesus Christ lives and that He is our Savior. May we all remember Him this special season!

Love,

Elder Harries

No comments:

Post a Comment